Thursday, January 29, 2009

GOOP: Read



I'm not sure how many of you have signed up to random ramblings that are the newsletter's called GOOP produced by Gwyneth Paltrow, however if you have then you would most certainly know that Thursdays are GOOP day, well I think its Friday here in Australia. I certainly do not recommend them, but I do get a certain level of enjoyment from her attempts at blessing us lower persons with her knowledge.

I have decided to do my own GOOP inspired by her last weeks installment and pass on a selection of some of my favorite novels

1. Anya by Susan Fromberg Schaeffer
2. In the skin of a lion by Michael Ondaatje
3. Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali
4. The Alexandria Quartet by Lawrence Durrell
5. Anna Karenin by Leo Tolstoy
6. The Seagull by Anton Checkov (although this is actually a play but one of my all time favorites)
7. Playing with the grown ups by Sophie Dahl (because a little light reading is always fun)

Iwould love to hear what other peoples favorite books are

7 comments:

paanie said...

i have visited goop and was suprised to see her blog. it's adorable!

filthy lust said...

this is perfect, I'm on the look for new reads!

dancing tallulah said...

Yeah I am too, I love hearing peoples favorite books

Anonymous said...

I will have to check out goop, thank you :)

My absolute favourite books of all time are The Catcher In The Rye & The Great Gatsby by J D Salinger.
At the moment I'm reading Influence by the Olsen sisters - a great collection of interviews and not what most would expect from the Olsens, I'm sure! xxx

Susana Rodrigues said...

Hi :)

My faves are:
1. "Night" by Elie Wiesel;
2. "Timbuktu" by Paul Auster;
3. "Marley & Me" by John Grogan;
4. "The Picture of Dorian Gray" by Oscar Wilde;

Now the fashionable faves:
5. "Kate Moss Style" by Angela Buttolph;
6. "Little Black Book of Style" by Nina Garcia;
7. "The One Hundred: A Guide to the Pieces Every Stylish Woman Must Own" by Nina Garcia;
8. "Influence" by Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen;

Kisses
Su

Rosie said...

I love goop!!! especially her travel tips for restaurants!!

fav books:
Shantaram
The Bronze Horseman
A Peice of Cake by Cupcake Brown
Sushi for Beginners
Ramona Quimby Age 8

Cynthia said...

Excellent blog!

A few of my favorite novels -

The Fountainhead, Ayn Rand
Beloved, Toni Morrison
Swan Song, Rober McCammom
Wheel of Fortune, Susan Howatch

I found each totally absorbing.